Monday, December 12, 2005

Me with Karthik and Sachin,



As I told earlier when we landed (by train… ) @Bangalore on 18th of January, we found the guy name Sachin, who was in our train. Looking at him and his restlessness he made me nervous. That guy was so full of energy, was never interested in the surroundings, and that’s why we found him always running ahead of us even @Bangalore. Well our bags, for me three and for Karthik, I don’t remember but certainly not one, was difficult to catch up with this guy with only one VIP and that to half empty. I was just wondering how he gonna leave for 3 -4 months with this much luggage?

He was too simple and made me awkward lot of times with his remarks, reactions, thinking and his life style. I was just amused about, how can such a guy live in Mumbai? He must be alien…. Well but he was firm about his views and very confident about what he want to do. I was also confident and had more ego kind of thing, well then that thing happened which generally happens when two opposite polls come close. Repulsion. We use to fight on any simple thing, whatever I say, he use to contradict, whatever he says I use to contradict, well we always have some valid points and we were not ready to let other one escape without that fight… that became daily part of our life in the evening. After coming back to home we use to do that “discussion”.

Karthik was one and only silent member if this discussion. He uses to tolerate us… and sometimes give opinion in my favor and some times in favor of Sachin. According to them I was spoiled young child who never knew what the responsibility was. Well that was one common part in them, and which make them stand against me, poor fellow.

But I was happy to be with them because in the morning they always use to get up early and be ready till I get up, then I alone could use the bathroom without any tension.  Rajesh’s mother use to give us tea in the morning and hot water for bath. It was unwritten rule that when we use to get up, these two things were always ready for us…. I never knew that even a single day we missed our tea or hot water while she was in the house. Grandmother and grandfather, Rajesh’s parent use to go to iskon early temple, and once or twice they asked us to join too, but for me it was impossible, Karthik was not much interested, but Sachin yeah, he was the brave guy who did that once. In the morning @4 or so he got up had a bath with cold water and then going to temple and coming back. Hats of to Sachin.

In the morning life there were two important parts in our life… one was number 116 and the other was SMS curtsy, Hutch. 116 was the bus number with which we use to travel to our dear ILI, Mysore infosys. And since we join infosys, we all subscribed to hutch and had free sms es which connected us all round the clock, from classrooms to restrooms. Well it was very good way to contact Karthik, because he was always accessible by this way ;-) hahaha.

There use to be big traffic of sms, incoming and outgoing too. My sister (dida) @home and @Mysore… huh, I even cant remember all of those names. But prominent members who subscribed to me and whom I was subscribed were… Medha (Meds), Aparna (Ap), Karthik (weired, ehh? But we use to send even in home also.), Macvin (Maccy), Pragati (Prag), Kunal (Master), Madhura, Bhagyashree (Bhagya), Ketan (Tux), Deepaks (There were 2 of them), Kedar1 (called as uncle with love) and Kedar2 (mawali kedar) and n number of peoples and last but not least our host Rajesh, who was always so eager to receive my message. All these are real names of these persons and even full. From now on those will be shortened and should be identified that way. They all are lined up here on....

Our 116 was also too good, it used to come full and never late. So if we miss one then we need to wait for 45 minutes but we usually got it on time. Travel with that amusing bus was alsominimum to get another… that was its frequency remarkable and we were so used to it that we could not forget it even when we left mysore and when we went back to visit then we travelled by same 116 to Infosys.

We got to know so many people, guys from our SDB i.e. software development building (Karthik can help me to remember names of those guys, Kar can you please do this for me ), then some one like Naresh, Vivek etc. These guys were batch mates but they used to seat outside lab and so we had less interaction with them Well you will wonder what isas compared to guys who were inside. this funda of inside and outside. Then for you, there were 2 labs, lab 4, which was big and we use to seat there, and lab5 which was outside a partition and there was ¼ of our batch, I suppose.

All those guys use to come inside peep here and there, even we use to go outside but there was a boundary and which was Lab 4 and Lab5. But point here is not about anyone else but about three of us. We three were inside only for entire 4 months. First we were in generic stream and then in the IS, me and Sachin and OS, Karthik. But we still enjoyed our study together, doing that tp, asking doubts to each other and then arguing, who is correct, revising for exams one night before then solving question papers got from seniors. It all was fun and every moment of that we enjoyed. Well I used to study in generic regularly but since IS, I left that. I used to do whatever I want in ILI but nothing @home and still I could manage a good percentile. Sachin and karthik were too sincere and they always tried there best to study and appearing for exam. But how hard may they study everything was always dependent on the paper we got from seniors.

In the 4 months life we did projects, shopping carts, and what not… well actually I don’t even remember them now. We thru out enjoyed it, except sometime when either Karthik or Sachin felt that they are screwed in this test and subject. I was always cool and I knew that I can do this thing; it was damn easy and need no much talent. Just apply some logic and everything is done. I always loved software as it was close to mathematics and involves logic. I like all those things which can be done logically. Not like history where we have to mug up everything and then don’t know what you Well in the entire 4 months Sachin screwed his life once when something wrong went about his project. He was in hell lot of tension, but I and Karthik always supported him. We knew it was not his fault and he will come out of that even and he came.



Karthik, nothing to talk about his life as such, because he is too straight forward. He will never do anything wrong, rash or go out of his way to do anything. He used to say that I am going to do love marriage, well I believe that it isI mean its written in his patrika. possible, but I am sure for that even he wont do much efforts but it will happen for him . He is caring and family guys who always wants to take everybody with him. There is not a single point I could say is wrong about Karthik, but yeah he lacks desperation, there is no urgency (well some times he need to rush to toilet, I think that’s only thing.), and he is contended in himself. Any of these things are not wrong, but that’s where I will always like him to improve.

One more thing I will never forget about Karthik was his phone and his calls. In a day at least 4 to 8 calls he use to make to home or receive. I was so frustrated looking @his call rate that I myself reduced calling @home. I was always thinking what the hell must be talking all these times from morning? Me and Sachin use to comment on that always but he never gave up, he has spirit and we? Alcohol obviously… hahaha. Bad PJ. Hey and Sachin use to call occasionally, once in a week or so…. C they were also opposite polls.

Unlike Sachin, we did not screw our training but we compensated for that awaterwards in development. Karthik did a great job while I and Sachin were furious many times and he himself never loosed his temper, and that was appreciable thing. I really appreciate him, in fact all those who bare me I appreciate… but that list is too long and will increase length of this post too.

But when the end approached we never knew who is going where. Me and Karthik finally came to same place and that was Hyderabad but Sachin went to Chennai and it was hell. I was really worried how this guy will adjust to it. Well then after doing some efforts he also got Hyderabad and we left for Hyderabad each one on three different days. But ultimately we three were at 3 different places. Well that’s a different story again and it will come as this blog proceed. But at the end of 4 months I found 2 friends who were really close to me and were ready to help me @all possible time.

So far I have tasted that but I am sure they will.

kd

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Bhakti Salvi said...

Great work Koushal....
reminded me of my first days at ILI and the anticipation i had felt while choosing where to stay and with whom....
but i guess in the end it all turned out well for everyone:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home