Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Me, Meds and Ap,

Sometimes something’s happen by coincidence and those can be sweetest things. Well my introduction with these two girls was like this only. One I met with in library and other one in the classroom. It was good coincidence that we met. . I found really two great friends in them. Accidents happen but they are not good always but this was exception. This was exceptionally good.

“Hey what is this, crap in these notes… blah blah…?” “Actually that is written in regard to this….”. “ok ok, hmmm”. This kind of first discussion I had with Medha that ended there itself but we met again. It took little longer to get on with the conversation.

Next time actually I spoke with the Aparna…. She usually sat behind me and in the second or third row. I had noticed her before I first talk with her. Usually when she laughed behind me I use to wonder who laughed…  but then I got habituated. One incidence before we met… some faculty was teaching something, some nice students were seriously studying, some mischievous asking questions from back benches… I was sitting in first row but I was barely listening to what was being taught I was feeling sleepy, as usual. In this case that faculty was explaining seriously to students in between somebody cracked a joke; there was some chuckling and then a pause. Suddenly some tune started playing, I guess some Marathi tune, and nobody was able to find what happened. Then we realised that it was cell ringing. Everybody located the row, the column and finally the chair and Aparna on it. Everyone was hoping that she will pick up the call. But she was laughing loudly and looking here and there, thinking, why the hell everybody is looking at me??? Well later she realised what exactly was happening and with embarrassed smile, apologising everybody, “Sorry sorry” she cut the call.

Confirming my self, “Hmmm, one more GIRL and gone case”, I moved to my sleep further. Just after that, some session was over and we all were giving feed back. I finished and submitted the paper then while standing in the front near first row I talked with Aparna first. Chatting about what’s her name, where she was from and how is life, normal tp Qs we started. Then there was Medha sitting 2 – 3 chairs next to Ap and filling the forms seriously, I remembered that this girl is with Ap, I asked her that “Ani hi kon? (who is she?)”. “Ti… ti Medha.”, “hmmm”. Well that ended our short discussion. I ran to lab to do some more tp and some exercises. After that I don’t know when we started speaking regularly. Actually we were neither leaving near each other, neither were travelling with same bus nor we were sitting close in Labs. But it started.

As I remember, when I took cell number from Medha, I used to take from everybody whom I got to know to send free smss . But her connection was Airtel, so first thought came to my mind was “Ohh, I am going to get charged for this…!!!”. Well just kidding. But I never bothered about that after start of our friendship, really and neither did she. Just before 14th of February 2004, that was 13th precisely I asked her number of her cell and then our sms silsila never stopped. How and what was driving us exactly we never knew. Many guys were jealous of our friendship but neither of us really mind that.



Starting of our friendship began by Medha, when she send me one poem of Nile Fulpakharu, and to reply of that I wrote poem, Kana. Explaining her that this was one of my favourite poem our mail discussion extended. We had a long discussion on that thru mail. Then our mails were even going regularly. That was starting of our friendship in real sense.
At the very early stage of our friendship, I asked her for going to FC in the evening, well after a thought she came with me. Ammm that evening we talked freely, face to face, first time, I guess. But that was like we knew each other from long time. She use to say, our friendship was meant to be... if didnt have meet here then we would have meet in Bibawewadi. There she leaves and we also have flat there. But basic funda of our friendship was sms only and is still there. We used to go for coffee after our morning session of classroom and that break of 10 minutes use to extend up to an hour or so… then thinking oof how late we have been talking we use to go back to our comps.

Aparna was famous in her group, because of her forgetful nature and her Marathi bana. She is aggressive always and likes to take on whatever comes her way. She is always thinking and lost… I use to wonder what exactly she must be thinking all the time. I remember she had a fight with one of my friend, before I know her well, in the cafeteria. In the lecture break, we all were standing in the queue. She got angry with something with him and started fighting verbally of course. And then she started her typical hindi language. Well anybody from our batch if you ask will tell about Aparna’s hindi. . I realised that first time at that time. I was enjoying what was happening but then I thought of interrupting them but I didn’t know what was happening. I enquired the guys around them but no one was sure what exactly happened. Well by that time our time ended and we need to rush our classrooms.

Once we had some session in the hall, I forgot the name of that hall. After that I rushed up to labs as I was not at all interested in that session and started doing my work. Then Karthik came from behind and said… “Hey you know tour friend, Aparna is crying down, something happened.” I hesitated for a moment, what to do and then I ran down. I saw her with Medha and few other girls. I didn’t dare to go there and ask her what happened. Later she came up, and was looking normal. I wanted to ask her, if everything is alright but I could not dare. After that she went to home, next day and came back after 3 – 4 days. In the mean time I asked to Medha what the problem was. And was anything serious? She told that her sister met with an accident and was hospitalised… I was shocked for a moment. Because even after hearing that news she was looking so calm when she came in the lab…. I lost my words and came back to my seat.

Aparna came back and started her regular study and started covering her missed sessions, exams and lab sessions. I always looked at her and thought should I go and ask her if everything is ok? One day finally I asked her, and like she expected that I will ask her, she told me everything. But she was very much hopeful that she will become alright till the time she will go back to Pune again. I also assured her that everything will be alright, and she will find her again as that cheerful person whom she left while leaving for Mysore. It was really tough time for her and deal with that very elegantly. Hats of to Aparna.

Medha was very sensitive towards her and always thought of sharing her tension with Aparna. Medha and I used to discuss kavita, goshti, katha, nataka, college, collegeche gathering, spardha, college semesters and slogging and the list was endless. She told me once that I was UT (university topper) and my reaction was :-O open mouth… I had seen toppers in my college but there were so different and never normal according to me. I never thought that that kind of person will become my friend  and here it was. Something unusual happened. Hahaha.

She was crazy about natak, she had written scripts in college for drama competitions. She is a good dancer, even if I haven’t seen that but I am sure she must be. She is perfect Gemini and flickers from one thought to another. She likes and writes poetry. Whatever she writes, she writes more than what we can understand and sometimes even herself. She thinks too much and is too sensitive to handle. All small things can upset her and any small thing can take her to new height of joy. She can enjoy like a small kid and at the same time can think like a granny. All she can do is straight thinking and straight talking. She never tries to hide her feelings and is always true to herself. She tells what she likes and even what she doesn’t. But she can’t take insults and take it too seriously, and starts thinking where I was wrong. Always kind of protected from her family and her dada, whenever anybody speaks something rash to her, she gets tensed and get serious.

Our tuning and frequency matched and we were enjoying it. We even got some more crazy guys in all this. Aparna was also talented. If she had good memory then she could have contributed more I guess :-). She also write poetry and enjoys sahitya, she always regret if she could have started reading English earlier and if could have improved it then it would have made the difference. But actually that’s not the case and she can still reach to those heights which she wants. She is determined and always have something fixed goal. Before leaving mysore I went to shopping with Aparna and group, that time we spoke about her sister, that time I came to know, how much caring and loving she was. She was very attached to her family, sister and was desperate to see her back normal. Well thats it, I should not talk much about that, because agar Aparna bhadak gayi aur usane apani hindi chalu kar di to mera kya hoga, mujhe kon bachaega???



We together, mi, ap and meds, enjoyed shopping, enjoyed chamundi hills in the cold evening, enjoyed tea @fc, breakfast in the morning… and what not. Well when we were in Mysore, Aparna did so much of shopping that finally all the shopkeepers started recognising her…. Well I still doubt, that after taking her there to shop, she must be getting commission from those shopkeepers… but she never agreed to that. .

Well there is something more… so there were more guys who were in that sahitya and kavita. One was Shailesh, right now in Mangalore and looking out for Bengali gal, Pragati, in Bangalore, about whom I am going to write as I told, Macvin, he is also in Mangalore, first impression about him was what a useless guy…, well he will know that by reading this only not otherwise. These guys were main, apart from them there were many who were constantly in touch with marathi sahitya. One of them was guruji from Nagapur, raje from Kolhapur, and many more. All these guys will come in the flow. Pragati, roomy of these two gals, came in my contact very much late, around 3 months after start of our batch when she got her new cell. Well there was little spark between us from her side as she didn’t like me... and thought I am an idiot and much more than that. But finally we also ended as very very good friends, rather now she is my manaleli bahin.

I am getting away from main topic… as the end approached and we were about to leave Mysore, I asked these two beautiful gals to write something for me, they were first two whom I asked and who wrote in my book. Both wrote excellent poems for me. That was the best gift for me after their friendship with me. They got placed to Pune after our training and I went to Hyderabad, but that didn’t cause a drift between us and we still are as we were.

Life takes you at different places, somewhere in the flow you find someone, few of them come with you and hardly any of them stay with you. Meds and Ap are in those few.

Thank you for being there for me.

Kou/ Koush.

P.S. one thing I forgot to mention, Ap never liked to take her photograph in speck but this was the first time when I caught her with those specks…



and before leaving Mysore I was taking snap of everyone I wanted without knowing them, this snap of meds I took after long efforts as she was not ready and was not allowing me to take snap without knowing her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home