Sunday, December 18, 2005

Me and Prag,

All other stories have me and someone with me… but in this case its only me and Prag, Pragati. Because it started separately and went that way… there was no one who influenced our relationship and it formed, well even after first negative impression of mine.

Don’t know when but while I was with Meds and Ap I got introduced to this girl as their roomy. In first look there was nothing to remember about her… other than her “Hiihiii” (laughing sound and her expressions while laughing.). As I said earlier I took her cell number and started smsing her. But she didn’t like that as we did not know each other personally well that time. For me it was same like others. It was nothing personal, but she took it that way. I remember sometime I send her some sms for good night and there was “sweet dreams” written below… her quick reply was “You have bad dreams….” I was not expecting such reply obviously… I replied, “Ok, if you are free then I could have them….”. Then she replied saying… “Yeah I knew you will reply this way….”. Hmmm certainly nobody will say that it was a good starting. It went like that….

I never talked much with her after that. But she was around always, laughing, enjoying lively, dancing… coding. She was always excited about everything she was doing, she was ML of her group and used to take lot of tension, as all those guys in her group were not responsible as much as she was and she used to be particular. Whenever there was some project work, then for that she used to come early all the way from other end of city to Infosys in auto alone @morning and used to work late till 9, the last bus with which she used to go back.



She was too considerate and used to get mixed up with every one and take care of everybody around, even if she doesn’t know the person well. But there was something missing between us… some link… some thing which bind us. We had it but we didn’t know that. Infact I came to know it far later even after she realised, when I was leaving for Hyderabad.

When I was in Mysore, my parents came to meet me all the way from Bombay and were there for 5 days. It was a long gap for them and me too to meet them back. Five days went like this… and the day came when they have to leave for Bombay back. I was with them in the hotel, in the night before they were leaving. Next day morning I left for Infy and they were going back in the evening. I was not going to meet them before that… I was down while saying bye to them. I knew that I will go back to see them and just for some time we are parting but it was sad feeling and I was really feeling like crying. In thoughts I took a bus and came to infy. Still my mind was else where. On the breakfast table, we use to occupy big table behind, on the ground floor @breakfast time. I used to come early and Medha, Prag, Aparna used to come late. Karthik, Sachin used to come with me and then rush to ILI. That day when Meds and prag came I was not even mood of talking to them. All the time of breakfast they were asking me, what happened, why are you not talking? Usually I used to speak a lot, that’s my characteristic and I cant give it up… I never even tried for the same. Well I think that was the one reason why Prag didn’t like me, may be more than that. I don’t know exactly.

Well, while both of them were bugging me, I finally gave up and told them that my parents left back to Mumbai today and that’s the reason, why I am down. That entire day was like that. That day one more thing happened which gave me something, long lasting. I used to carry my walkman and camera every where. I was listening to songs… and Medha gave me one cassette, Divas ase ki. It has beautiful songs, and in the first stroke I like that. Sometime, some things directly touch you, this was one of them. One of the songs was Evadhacha na, ekate jagu. I was already down but after listening to that cassette I felt better, and after listening to that song I felt something different, that I cant express. But still even if I listen that I song… that feeling pops up. Thank you Medha, for gifting me such a wonderful cassette, gift.

I actually drifted from main point but this was also coming in the flow and was important to write. Hmmm so after listening to me, Prag felt something different. I didn’t know it that time obviously, but later she told me. Actually she felt I am also a human being, I also have some feelings and I am also sensitive. Hey just kidding prag, but that was the thing which was missing in between us. That brought us close. She felt a bonding, and partly what I said above. For me she was as she was. I knew she was nice person but for me still she was unknown kinda person because she had always barrier talking to me and was not comfortable with me. I used to carry a red bag to office, small sack kind of thing. She mentioned it as irritating red color bag… which she use to search whenever she wants to find me.  well many of these things we didn’t spoke when we left from Mysore.

I really would mention here some point, which took us on the road of our relation. I knew she is too sensitive and gets tensed quickly. We went to Planet X once and were having fun. We played Go carting, pool, balling and lots of other things. This was the time when we were good friends, but still not close one. In the time of playing some game suddenly she found her cell is missing. She bought that just a couple of weeks before. Everyone was searching for it but somebody picked it. I knew now it is impossible to get that cell back. But she wanted justice and decided to launch a complaint for that. I thought that useless but there was no chance of explaining her that thing. Then we went to police station and from there to hutch shop, to get proof of that cell. Well as I thought that was useless thing… it happened to be same. I felt very sorry for her but there was nothing I could do about that. She didn’t sleep that night…. And funnier thing, after that, she came back to Bangalore around 3 months later and first thing what she tried was trying to dial her cell, her old number.

Time passed, and further we met very late and already had little time left. She was in my batch IS and was one of the bright student. My birthday came just before we were leaving from Mysore. I celebrated with my friends and that was my first birthday which I celebrated so big, even @home we didn’t use to celebrate birthdays much. But that was really good one. . So, point was when I decided to throw a party for my birthday, there was a problem. Ap, meds and prag were in other group also, one of them just had his birthday and he was also giving away party on same day. So I didn’t know what will happen and if they will come or not? I asked Medha and she said, “obviously yes....” , then I asked Ap, she didn’t want to hurt me but she didn’t know what she want to do at that time… “if you had tell earlier then I wound have make it definitely”, she said. I was little disappointed. But then I thought whatever… whoever can come to my party will come else let it be. Then there was an exciting part for me. I was asking prag, and I thought… she will be the one who will say not I am not coming because of that party. She was sitting on her comp doing her some work, having look @all things before leaving the place to Pune. But she was ready… amusing, I never thought of that. I was surprised, and I asked her 2 – 3 times and clarified whether she really don’t want to go their party and is coming with me. But she was sure, and infact she didn’t understand why I was asking it so many times.



I had that great party with all of my friends whom I want to be with me that time. It was great. . Well this girl I didn’t understand till I left for Hyderabad, surely. As I told earlier, who all were close to me, I asked them to write something. I even asked Prag to write something. She was reluctant, she was always postponing it, I dunno why? I asked her twice but then I decided not to ask her again. But the day before we were leaving, I asked her again for the last time. That time she gave me a very good smile and said… “De, pan jara welani ye… mi lihun thevin.”. Well seriously speaking, I felt very nice that time. Tya nantar tine je lihila te vachatana mi evadha senty zalelo, ki te nahi sangu shakat. What I thought and what was there actually I completely different… how sensitive she is, I realised from that. I was not even able to read what she wrote that time… I closed that book and opened it again, when we went Hyderabad, Khairatabad home (story coming soon). But certainly I bonded to new relationship, with my sis.

Kou.

P.S. she drew one picture of me in that book that I will scan and will upload sometime… but that was one more thing which brought us close surely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home